• Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
Stampa la pagina
Casascotown hall 
via Roma 1

tel/fax number
+39 0131 876126/0131 876303


Agricultural centre, whose territory stretches over the Curone and Grue valleys. It is surrounded by fields and meadows, vineyards, corn fields, durmast woods and uncultivated lands.
In 1595 Casasco was fief of the Marquises Bussetti and in 1658 of the Guidobono Cavalchini family. After forty years it passed to the Bussetti Signoris family. Many bowls of Roman manufacture have been found in this area.
The name ‘Casasco’ derives from the Latin word ‘home’. Once finished the feudal Age, Casasco became a republican district council in december 1798.

worth a visit
- the astronomical Observatory; it is located in the hamlet of Case Simone
- the church of Santa Maria del Rosario; its construction began in 1925 on the remains of the former church and was finished in 1928. The church in the hamlet of Magrassi has a tourist area equipped for rests and with picnic facilities.

> hamlets: Magrassi, Polverola, Poggio, San Martino.
> area: 9.3 Sq Km
> inhabitants denomination: casaschesi

n. of inhabitants: 171

geographical position: north-west of Italy; Mountain Community of Terre del Giarolo

altitude m: 399 above sea level

distance from: Alessandria Km. 38