SCOPRIRE IL TERRITORIO


Brignano Frascata

  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
Stampa la pagina
town hallBrignano Frascata
via Roma, 1

tel/fax number
+39 0131784623/0131 784618

e-mail
comune.brignano@libero.it  



Located in a splendid natural setting in the Curone valley, Brignano is a small agricultural township 20 kilometres from Tortona. The town is dominated by the Bruzzo Castle, which was built on a hill in the 14th century and has been adapted into a manor over the centuries.
The village of Brignano is home to a museum with many finds of the Neolithic period and the Copper Age, until the middle Bronze Age (pottery, coins, graves and so on…)

The name ‘Brignano’ probably derives from the name ‘Belenium’, a wealthy Roman who is said to have owned here a villa and settled the village.
Brignano was subjected to the district council of  Tortona, removed by the emperor Federico Barbarossa, who subsequently (in 1176) returned it to Tortona.
Galeazzo Visconti enfeoffed the village in 1375 and gave it to a member of the Spinetta family, whose descendants have been ruling over it for over a century. In the early 1900s Brignano was united with Frascata and the district council of Brignano Frascata was definitely established by a Royal Decree of 1928.

worth a visit
- the Castle of the Counts of  San Severino de Ferrari.
- cultural centre: it houses theme archaeological exhibitions.

> hamlets: Burrone, Ca’ del Maestro, Casa del gatto, Cioccale, Cosola, Frascata, Guardia, Madonnina, Martinasco, Mola, San Giorgio, Selva Inferiore, Selva Superiore, Serra del Monte, Valdalto, Vallescura.
> events: Truffle market and fair of local products with folk music and folk songs (last Sunday in October)
> flea market and antique trade market (they take place on the first Sunday of every month)
> patronal day: San Giacomo
> inhabitants denomination: brignanesi
> area: Sq km 17.42

n. of inhabitants: 488

geographical position: north-west of Italy, Mountain Community of Terre del Giarolo

altitude m: 285 above sea level

distance from Alessandria km.41